What to Expect as a Participant in 2021
The first-ever Cycle for Survival Virtual Event Experience! Through an immersive virtual platform, we’ll bring the spirit, excitement, and inspiration of Cycle for Survival to you. Kicking off with a powerful Impact Celebration, the entire community will come together to hear from doctors, scientists, patients, and caregivers. You will then have the opportunity to participate in cycling and noncycling activities through the Variis by Equinox app. These activities will be available all weekend long as will other signature Cycle for Survival event-day experiences like our tribute wall, photo booth, and more. Everyone who registers for the 2021 season will have access to the full Virtual Event Experience including the Variis by Equinox app.
You have the option to join us in person two weeks earlier for our first socially distanced outdoor ride at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey on Saturday, May 1 or Sunday, May 2. There is a fundraising minimum of $1,000 per person, which guarantees you one bike for one hour. Each person must register in advance, and you can learn more about the in-person ride protocols here. We will proceed rain or shine, but if at any point we have reservations about our ability to safely host this event, we will instead offer an exclusive virtual experience. Your safety is our number one priority.
If you have access to an at-home bike, you can register to ride as a Virtual Extreme Rider and have access to four hours of Cycle for Survival cycling content through the Variis by Equinox app. The fundraising minimum is $4,000.
Earn team and individual gear, plus other exciting benefits! You’ll also have access to monthly matches and challenges to help you reach — and exceed — your fundraising goals.
Get invitations to virtual community conversations. These will range from impact updates from MSK doctors to opportunities to connect with other Cycle for Survival supporters, among other engaging programming.
And there’s so much more!
Bringing everyone in this movement together for powerful, rewarding, and safe experiences is our priority as we fight to beat rare cancers in 2021.
Exclusive Gear and Opportunities
Everyone who raises:
- $100 or more will receive a 2021 wristband.
- $250 or more will receive a participant T-shirt.
- $1,500 or more will receive a 15th anniversary long-sleeve shirt.
- $4,000 or more will receive a Cycle for Survival workout mat.
As a team member:
- If your team raises $5,000 to $9,999, you will receive up to 8 water bottles to share with your team members and supporters. Plus, your team will be included in Cycle for Survival’s 15th year commemorative book.
- If your team raises $10,000 to $24,999, you will receive up to 8 duffel bags or 16 water bottles. Plus, your team will be included in Cycle for Survival’s 15th year commemorative book.
- If your team raises $25,000 or more, you will receive up to 8 premium hoodies, 16 duffel bags, or 24 water bottles. Plus, your team will be included in Cycle for Survival’s 15th year commemorative book.