2021 Virtual Event Experience
We are excited to bring the Cycle for Survival community together for our first-ever Virtual Event Experience on Saturday, May 15.
There’s no limit to the number of people you can have on your team — the bigger the better! Your friends, family, and co-workers can join from anywhere and make an impact in the battle to beat rare cancers.
May 15, 2021
11:30–12:30 p.m. ET
We’re bringing the spirit of Cycle for Survival to you through an immersive digital platform, starting with a powerful Impact Celebration hosted by longtime Cycle for Survival supporter Seth Meyers. You’ll also hear from doctors, scientists, patients, and caregivers, and signature Cycle for Survival event-day experiences like the tribute wall, photo booth, and more will be available in the virtual event platform.
Equinox+ Virtual Classes
Beginning at 12:30 p.m. ET on May 15, 2021
Classes available through May 20, 2021
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in both cycling and noncycling classes via the Equinox+ app. Equinox+ classes include:
- Four hours of noncycling classes (no equipment necessary)
- Two hours of Precision Run/Walk led by David Siik
- One hour of EQX Tabata led by Or Artzi
- One hour of EQX Yoga led by Jade Alexis
- Four hours of cycling classes (stationary bike required)
- Classes led by JJ Hendershot, Jim Jalove, Marquis Johnson and Melanie Griffith
- Available to US residents only
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Impact Celebration?
The Virtual Event Experience will kick off with our Impact Celebration. During the hour-long program, you will hear from MSK leadership, doctors, and researchers, as well as members of our community, who will be sharing their inspirational stories. There will be some surprises too!
- How can I access the Impact Celebration?
The Impact Celebration will be accessible through cycleforsurvival.org.
- When can I view the Impact Celebration?
The Impact Celebration will begin at 11:30 a.m. ET (8:30 a.m. PT) on Saturday, May 15, 2021.
- Will the Impact Celebration air live?
Yes, the Impact Celebration will air live from 11:30 a.m. ET to 12:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, May 15, 2021.
- What happens if I join the Impact Celebration late?
If you join late, you will be connected to the program to view the live Impact Celebration. You will not be able to watch from the beginning while the Impact Celebration is airing live, but a full recording will be available after the program concludes.
- Can I watch the Impact Celebration at a different time or date?
Yes, the Impact Celebration will be available online to watch on demand for a limited time after the live program concludes.
- How can teams come together for the Impact Celebration through the virtual event platform?
Each team will have its own designated viewing page. Teammates can communicate through a chat module within the virtual event platform, allowing them to send messages, photos, and gifs throughout the live program.
- Can teammates outside of the United States access the virtual event platform?
Yes, all 2021 participants, regardless of location, will have access to virtual event platform for the Impact Celebration.
- When will participants gain access to the Equinox+ App?
All U.S. participants without an Equinox+ account will be able to enroll in seven days of complimentary access to the Equinox+ app beginning on Wednesday, May 12th through Thursday, May 20th. With your complimentary access, you’ll receive access to the entire library of Equinox+ content as well as the limited-edition Cycle for Survival content when it goes live during this year’s Virtual Event Experience on May 15th.
You will receive an email on Wednesday, May 12th from Cycle for Survival with instructions on how to sign up for this complimentary membership with an exclusive URL link available only to Cycle for Survival registrants. Please do not download or sign up for Equinox+ unless you have received this URL link via email from Cycle for Survival on Wednesday, May 12th as only new Equinox+ members will be eligible for this complimentary access.
- I already have an Equinox Club membership, or an Equinox+ subscription, or I am a SoulCycle at-home bike purchaser, do I sign up for this complimentary seven-day membership?
Since you are already a member of the Equinox club, digital and bike community, you already have access to Equinox+! Please sign in with your account information to access the Cycle for Survival content from May 15th through May 20th. If you have forgotten your login information, please check here for instructions on how to access the app.
- Will existing Equinox+ members be eligible for the complimentary access period?
Complimentary access to the Equinox+ app will only be available to new Equinox+ members who sign up through the enrollment process provided to you by Cycle for Survival on Wednesday, May 12th. If you are already an active Equinox+ member, you will be able to log in to your Equinox+ app on any compatible device to access the Cycle for Survival content.
Please note that you will not be able to receive complimentary access if you have an existing Equinox+ account associated with your email address.
- How long will the Cycle for Survival content be available?
Our U.S. participants will have the opportunity to participate in cycling and non-cycling Cycle for Survival activities through the Equinox+ app from May 15th through May 20th.
In addition, Equinox+ has specially curated four non-cycling, Cycle for Survival themed classes that international participants will be able to access through cycleforsurvival.org on May 15th.
- Will I have to enter my credit card information to access the Equinox+ App?
U.S. participants without an Equinox+ account will be eligible to enroll in seven days of complimentary access to the Equinox+ app for Cycle for Survival without providing any credit card or other payment information. You will be required to create an account with Equinox+ to access the app. You will receive an email on Wednesday, May 12th from Cycle for Survival with instructions on how to sign up for this complimentary membership with an exclusive URL link available only to Cycle for Survival registrants.
- What devices can I access the Equinox+ App through?
Once you have signed up for your Equinox+ account, content on Equinox+ can be streamed via iOS and Android devices. We encourage you to experience the content via your mobile device for the most optimized experience. You may also stream the content through your iPad App, Fire TV app, and Android TV app. You can also access through your web browser here.
- Is the Equinox+ app compatible with my stationary bike?
The Equinox+ app is not compatible with stationary bikes other than the SoulCycle at-home bike. However, you will still be able to access the content on any of your compatible devices listed above.
- Can my teammates outside of the US access the content in the Equinox+ App?
Complimentary access to the Equinox+ app is only available to U.S. participants. However, Cycle for Survival will be posting four specially curated Cycle for Survival themed classes that all U.S. and international participants will be able to access through cycleforsurvival.org on May 15th.
- Can I see team members who are participating in the class together?
The Equinox+ App does not offer the capability to see and interact with team members during the class. We invite you and your team to interact and connect during the Impact Celebration.
- Have questions about the Cycle for Survival 2021 Challenge or having trouble viewing the Cycle for Survival 2021 Challenge in the Equinox+ app?
Check out this helpful knowledge article.
- When will I receive gear for my personal fundraising efforts?
Participant fundraising gear (wristbands, participant T-shirts, 15th anniversary long-sleeve shirts, and workout mats) will be sent to individuals who have reached each incentive level in late April or early May, in advance of our Virtual Event Experience.
Any participant who earns additional gear or reaches an incentive level after the initial shipment will be sent a package with all remaining earned items after June 1, 2021.
- When will my team receive gear for raising a total of $5,000, $10,000 or $25,000?
Team fundraising gear will be shipped after June 1, 2021. Team captains will be notified to confirm their address and select their items in early June. Reminder: Your fundraising page will remain active through June 1, 2021, so keep up the momentum even after event day!