Use your donor-advised fund to back cancer research
Recommending a grant to Cycle for Survival through your donor-advised fund (DAF) is one of the easiest ways to donate. Learn how you can maximize your impact on and support of Cycle for Survival with your DAF below.
Cycle for Survival is owned and operated by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK), and our tax ID/EIN is 13-1924236.
3 ways to put your DAF to work on cancer research at MSK
- One-time grant | Recommend a grant from your DAF to Cycle for Survival (tax ID: 13-1924236).
- Recurring monthly grant | Set up a recurring monthly grant to create a reliable source of funding for life-changing research and world-class care.
- Name MSK as the beneficiary of your DAF | You can continue to fund groundbreaking research and care after your lifetime. Contact your fund administrator to learn how.
How to make a gift to Cycle for Survival through a DAF
Get started by using our partner tool, Chariot, to recommend a grant directly from your institution, or log in to your institution’s website directly to recommend a grant. If you’d like to let us know about a gift made through a DAF, please complete this form.
Grant funds from your DAF in just a few clicks
MSK partners with Chariot to facilitate instant donations from your donor-advised fund. Use the tool to search for your fund and recommend a grant quickly and securely in just a few clicks.
Log in to your DAF account
Find your institution’s or foundation’s direct link below and log in to your account to recommend a grant using our tax ID: 13-1924236.
American Endowment Foundation
Ayco Charitable Foundation
Bank of America Charitable Fund
Jewish Communal Fund
National Philanthropic Trust
Network for Good
The New York Community Trust
RBC Capital Markets LLC
If you prefer, you may call your fund manager to recommend a grant. Include the gift amount, designation (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, tax ID: 13-1924236), and a note that your gift is in support of Cycle for Survival. Provide the mailing address for the institution to disburse the gift to MSK: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Attn: Cycle for Survival, P.O. Box 27432, New York, NY 10087-7432.
Is a DAF right for you?
A DAF is a charitable giving vehicle that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits of philanthropic giving with the flexibility to support your favorite causes.
To establish a DAF, you transfer cash or other assets to a tax-exempt sponsoring organization, similar to a public foundation. You qualify for an income tax charitable deduction at the time you establish the account. You can then recommend — but not direct — how much and how often money is granted. The fund administrator has an obligation to deny grants that do not meet criteria established by law.
Beyond the income tax charitable deduction at the time you establish the account, DAFs:
- Allow you to donate cash, stock, and, in some cases, other assets as charitable gifts over several years
- Provide a flexible and easy method of giving, allowing you to support multiple charities while simplifying your charitable giving with one tax receipt
- Can be used to complement or replace a private foundation
As with all gift planning, consult your financial, tax, or legal advisor to help you get started. If you have questions, please reach out to us at 888-72-CYCLE or firstname.lastname@example.org.