A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. An increasingly popular charitable vehicle, DAFs are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals.
Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Tax ID: 13-1924236
How does a DAF work?
Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program. Allocate your donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free) to charities of your choice and those organizations will receive grants in your specified amount.
I have a DAF, but how do I use it to support Cycle for Survival?
If your DAF is with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, or BNY Mellon, you can start your donation on the Cycle for Survival website as follows:
- From the DAF Direct tool, select the fund that sponsors your DAF from the “Donate now from” drop-down menu.
- Enter Cycle for Survival in the “Designation” field along with the name of the team or participant you are supporting. (This information is important so that your gift is credited properly!)
- Enter the amount (in U.S. dollars) you would like to donate.
- Click the “Next” button to proceed to the sponsoring organization’s website to complete your DAF transaction.
- Once the sponsoring organization approves the recommended disbursement, the grant is made to Cycle for Survival/Memorial Sloan Kettering. Participant and team fundraising pages are credited only after Cycle for Survival receives your DAF donation.
If your DAF is with a different entity, you may process your donation through its usual method — just be sure to designate it to Cycle for Survival and include the name of the participant or team you are supporting.
If you have questions about making a gift to Cycle for Survival through a DAF, please email email@example.com or call 888‑72‑CYCLE.